Saturday, March 13, 2010

so I'm at the cafeteria in BC place grabbing a bite of food before it closes and the madness of the opening ceremonies for the paralympics starts...
I order a quesadilla. The food at BC place isn't great at the best of times but a person needs to eat. When everyone in front of me ordered the serving lady asked if they wanted vegetables with it. So when she turned to me and said "would you like..." and paused, I said " sure whatever it is I'll have it" I assumed it was a brain fart - couldn't remember the word vegetables. Then she turns around and says " tortellini" I start laughing and say "sure" There was no tortellini on the menu and why on earth would she offer me that. The woman behind me in line is laughing too - we both think it is a funny joke. UNTIL she turns around and gives me a plate with a quesadilla (that had bean sprouts in it - WEIRD) AND a HUGE helping of tortellini....
Yah. Bizarre...
I ate it. It was better then the quesadilla. But man.
I'm not going to miss BC Place food. Not even a little bit. Not those boxed lunches. NONE OF IT.

I got to dress Terry Fox's parents last night. That was cool - they were such sweet people.
Today it is 4:00pm and I am still in my pjs. Not getting dressed doing very little. The amount of running around you do dressing people in a venue like that is insane. I had people on the third floor and people on the main floor. Half the time you can't use the elevators because the governor general is taking them and there is no staircases - just ramps which take forever... Yah. My feet were and still are killing me. Probably time for another nap....

No more olympics for me. I think I am finally done. It was fun but man I need a rest.
From opening/closing ceremonies.....

I swear I tried to make their mittens look nice but they kept taking them off...

No comments:

Post a Comment