Sunday, May 10, 2009

AHh - Sunday morning. Sunny outside. YAY!!
I woke up with a headache and took some ibuprofen. It is gone now. I could go back to bed but I am getting a few things done....
I'm designing a store sign for a friend who is opening up a shop in Gastown. One of these days I would like to make something to sell in her shop.. I am running out of time....
From Signs for Eliza

We are still working on our yard. I don't know how people do bigger yards.... Hauling Dirt this weekend - hope to do a load this morning when the Dictator gets up. Yesterday we hauled 800lbs. My back is still sore...
I sewed an outfit to wear to the wearable art awards this afternoon in Port Moody. I wasn't going to. I am SOOO over sewing right now. Sewing 12 hours a day 6 days a week kinda makes you want to stop. I even went to the mall to try and buy an outfit. All I wanted was a skirt. Everything is pouffy these days. I girls with hips in her 30's does NOT want a pouffy short skirt. Not flattering... So after an entire mall getting crankier and crankier I ended up at the fabric store. DId I buy fabric for a skirt - yes. Did I also buy fabric for a top? Yes. Am I an idiot? Yes. But they are done and they fit after only a few minor mistakes. (That is what happens when you don't use a pattern) They skirt does have the world's ugliest invisible zipper in it but hey that seems to be my trademark. I'll try and take a picture when I am all dressed later - I swear it is nothing special though.... I had to do better then last year when I showed up in a jean jkt with barely combed hair and converse sneakers - yes that is typical me BUT it does not make for a very nice picture when shaking hands with the Mayor.
I still have two custom etsy orders to sew this weekend. Hopefully they won't take long. One of them I am still waiting for measurements to start. I hope they don't appear in my inbox so I can do them next weekend.
What else???
My tea bag dress is still in richmond. after a week. heh heh. I'm guessing the reason it takes 4 - 6 weeks is because it is probably sitting in some cargo bay waiting for a load big enough to make it worthwhile to ship to new zealand. Richmond is right by the airport.... Hopefully one day it will move.... I had to write a cheesy thing for the entry for for the media. So embarrassing. I really need to hire people to do these things for me. For the short description I ended up saying "the 18th Century with 2 lumps of sugar and a bit of cream" is it horrible???? Ugh... The long inspiration thing was horrible.
still no word on whether Marmaduke is happening.
Life on Tron is good. We spend most of our time making things that will never appear on camera. I tried to rent the first Tron this weekend. The Dictator hasn't seen it and I thought he should. But no one has it - the video store girl didn't even know what it was!!I had to SPELL IT FOR HER! Sigh. I'm going to have to order it online. Pathetic people really pathetic. I remember fighting over the prize in the Shreddies cereal box (the square ones not the diamond shaped ones, I'm old school - heh heh) with my sister. I don't remember what it was but you can bet it lit up.....

1 comment:

  1. i mentioned Tron to someone recently and they looked at me like I was nutz. I remember the Shreddies prizes... but I can't remember what it was for Tron.

    ReplyDelete