Saturday, January 24, 2009


Starting another entry
Originally uploaded by Ang..

Just over a month until entries are due for the wearable art awards and I have no idea what I am doing.... I have no money so I'm using what is in abudance around the house. Newspapers. We get two free papers 3 times a week. They pile up pretty quickly.
Unfortunately newspapers are a popular choice so I have to go above and beyond somehow...
- I'm going to paint it - black stripes for now - maybe more shading later.... still want to see the newspaper through the paint in places
- basing it on a 1846 shape since that was the year the machine was invented that could mass produce newspapers
- don't know what else I will do...
- I'd like to find a few more recycled materials around the house to incorporate....

Tomorrow I'll do a little more... I've got a roll of ikea leopard print wrapping paper that I am just dying to add to this.............

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about your freezer paper stencil issue. What about using an overhead slide - you know, those plastic pages they used for overhead projectors. Would that work? I was thinking you could reuse it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete