Sunday, September 24, 2006

knitting and sewing hasn 't really been happening lately - sparetime hasn't been happening lately. Work is all consuming. But I thought I would share this just to make it look like I was doing something.
new cowichan sweater, blurry photo oops
It is a sweater I bought for the play I am currently working on some sort of vintage cowichan/mary maxim sweater. As fabulous as it is it needs more color. So I started doing a duplicate stitch on it.
new cowichan sweater with color added
It's start but now I will pay the lovely Jayme to finish it. It's looking a little too 'oilers' colors for me as well - I might make the remaining white stripe a red one.....
Yesterday was the start of the wearable art exhibit/fashion show. I didn't win anything with the nylon dress - it didn't have much runway appeal and it didn't fit the model very well. But it has inspired me to go big next year. If anyone wants to help I'm going to need ALOT of used tea bags and coffee filters - dry ones of course, not moldy wet ones.... I've already started collecting them. I wish I didn 't have a movie and two plays to finish before I can start. I'm trying to convince the dictator to enter something too - it would be fun....
oh and there is this:
Enjoying a dead slug
Birdie fits the sweater I tried to make for Minou last year. Minou's sweater is still on the needles and I KNOW it is going to be too big. Ii can't seem to get it right and I have never been very good at ripping things. My serger and sewing machine always look more appealing as a way of making things fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment